Pastryism at the Mile End

Since when do we ever get such a warm and sunny day during WINTER? Yes, Montreal’s winter isn’t over until the end of March or April… We Montrealers never let go of any chance to go out in the sun so we can leave their Canada Goose/Moose Knuckles behind. On a bright and breezy Sunday afternoon, my roommates and I decided it was time to pay our deepest gratitude to Pâtisserie de Gascogne.

Arriving upon the store, all my eyes could see were these gorgeously made pastry. The store was littered with displays of cakes and chocolate-made goods and I WANTED THEM ALL. Oh, and Pâtisserie de Gascogne isn’t just a normal bakery/pastry store. It has everything from a wide selection of meat, cheese (can’t get enough of those Camembert…) and hot lunch items. It’s as if they just imported a petite factory from France.

The chocolate bars are cut so small that I think that they’re toys…. I should have got myself a box of it.

Fondue in clay jars

It was just so hard to choose since everything was shouting “Choose me! Take me with you!” Eventually we finally made our choices and found a table to sit. Then we proceeded to praise those lovely chocolatine aux amandes and eclair so we didn’t feel as guilty before we finished them off by scraping everything on the plate.

Declaring my love for the tarte aux framboises.

Chocolatine aux amandes

Tarte aux framboises

Devouring the mindblowly fresh raspberries with the velvety custard. Gulp.

Pâtisserie de Gascogne

237, Avenue Laurier Ouest
Montreal, QC H2T 2N9
Phone: (514) 490-0235
www.degascogne.com/
Hours: Mon-Fri 8 am – 7 pm,  Sat 8 am – 6 pm, Sun 8 am – 5:30 pm

a.

Pâtisserie de Gascogne on Urbanspoon

About these ads

Tags: , , , , ,

Categories: Montreal Restaurant Reviews

Subscribe to our RSS feed and social profiles to receive updates.

7 Comments on “Pastryism at the Mile End”

1. François
    March 13, 2012 at 4:41 pm #

awww you didn’t get any cannelés??? those are the best thing there! shameeee. bring me along next time ;)

• March 13, 2012 at 4:44 pm #

No I didn’t ): I wasn’t sure what the canneles were so I didn’t get any. Can you explain to me what they’re made of? Let’s go there sometime in April!

Btw, are you going to the MRC event on Thursday night at Benelux?

-ashley

2. Sarah C
    March 13, 2012 at 6:47 pm #

Great article!!! I wish I can try too – literally drooling upon seeing the pictures, they all looks so tasty!!! :) Hope to go to a Pâtisserie like that too someday.
    Sarah

• March 13, 2012 at 9:57 pm #

Thanks Sarah! You should totally visit Montreal sometime in summer, you’ll love it here. There are all sorts of things to do like music festivals etc :D
      Is there any good stuff in Southampton? See you in HK soon! (btw when are you going back?)
      - ashley

• Sarah C
        March 19, 2012 at 11:43 pm #

Hey – sorry for the late reply, I am back home for 3 days now – still jetlagging ~Z.Z~ I plan to set foot in N America once I earn enough $$ on my own, got to pay a visit to these places once i get in Montreal – haha :)
        From my perspective, Southampton doesn’t have too many cafes/patisserie like Canada… however, we do have a couple of student pubs, mixture of fish and chip shops, asian takeaways, japanese/korean restaurants in the area. :/

3. Tony
    March 14, 2012 at 1:08 pm #

Looks delicious!
    My favorite bakery has always been Premiere Moisson in Montreal but I’ll have to try this place to compare :P

• March 14, 2012 at 1:10 pm #

Where’s Premiere Moisson? Ahhh I want to go!